We are always welcoming new members. Membership at post 379 means you will always have a place to be with your brothers and sisters who have served. We offer each other friendship and camaraderie different than what you’ll find in other service organizations.
Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving.
Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:
- An authorized campaign medal (see a full list of qualifying medals and badges)
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days
*This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314-801-0800 to request more information.
Transfer Your Existing Membership to Post 379
Please complete the application with your membership ID and current post number. No other documentation is required.
There are two ways to apply for membership.
Download and complete this PDF application.
Then you can:
- Email the application along with your DD-214 or qualifying membership document
- Mail or drop off the application along with your DD-214 or qualifying membership document(s) to:
VFW Post 379
118 S 5th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902
- Fax your application along with your DD-214 or qualifying membership document(s) to 509-469-9996
We cannot process your application without a copy of your DD214 or qualifying membership document(s).
Complete the form below.
All fields are required, unless otherwise noted.